5 Reasons to Use Cold-Formed Steel
5 Reasons to Use Cold-Formed Steel on Building Projects
According to OH&S, CFS framing provides a viable, code-approved answer to numerous restrictions that builders encounter today on their projects. Here are five reasons why sophisticated construction automation technologies used in CFS framing outperform traditional building processes.
1.CFS Framing is Fast
CFS prefabricated frame construction is speedier than traditional techniques, particularly during the project’s manufacturing and building phases.
CFS fabrication provides pre-assembled frames that are strong, durable, dimensionally stable, and easily recognized.
- Normally, no on-site welding or cutting is necessary.
- The erection procedure is quick and easy.
Tooling features in modern construction automation systems, such as those provided by FRAMECAD, enable productive and diverse output of roof trusses, wall frames, and floor joists. Framing may be manufactured to exact specifications, saving time during the building stage of a project.
Because building using CFS may remove 3 or more months off the timetable of a mid-rise project that employs heavy materials like concrete and masonry, shorter construction durations minimize project hard costs.
2.CFS is Versatile
CFS studs and tracks are great building materials for all building types, from modular and prefabricated units to multi-story hotels, hospitals, schools, and multifamily housing, due to their strength and ductility.
According to the FRAMECAD content cited by OH&S, “cold-formed steel is suitable for practically every sort of building design or application.” “With one of the highest strength-to-weight ratios of any construction material, it is feasible to develop architectural concepts that would be impossible to achieve with traditional methods.”
3.Skilled On-Site Labor Not Needed
Pre-engineering CFS framing is aided by very precise design and engineering software. This enables the fabricator to cut the steel to certain lengths, which may also be labeled and pre-dimpled at the manufacturing plant.
- CFS systems are easy to construct.
- Workers at fabrication factories simply require power drills and fasteners to do their tasks.
Thus, the ease of CFS assembly reduces the need for skilled labor, bringing bottom-line benefits
4.CFS Offers a superior ROI
CFS construction is less expensive than traditional approaches. Because of the advantages of CFS in construction speed, precision, and decreased labor costs, the overall installation cost can be lowered depending on the building design. CFS systems can also provide a greater ROI throughout the course of a building’s life:
- CFS construction is extremely scalable.
- CFS is well-suited to mass manufacturing and repeatable designs.
- Because steel is resistant to rot, mildew, termite, and insect infestation, CFS lowers long-term building maintenance expenses.5.Steel is Better for the Environment
It is usual for builders to include up to 20% of material waste in the final cost of a project when using traditional building methods. Over a series of projects, this may equate to one building out of every five completed.
According to FRAMECAD, CFS waste can be essentially non-existent – less than 1% of a project’s cost.
- Steel is completely recyclable.
- Steel has the potential to eliminate waste by improving the production and installation processes.
- CFS is a dry technology that does not require the use of water to mix cement and other ingredients.
As a result, CFS construction techniques that employ modern automation technologies result in shorter construction periods, cheaper total costs, more diverse design alternatives, and improved building performance. When combined with other inherent steel properties such as non-combustibility, termite and mold resistance, and dimensional stability, CFS provides the foundation for a sound, sustainable building program.
Reese Technology Center Hanger 92
212 Davis Drive
Lubbock Texas 79416
- Building Components
- Design Services
- CFS Framing
- Light Gauge Steel Framing Manufacturer
- Prefabricated House Frame Supplier And Manufacturer
- Prefabricated Panel Manufacturer
- Metal Framing Designer and Supplier
- Steel Frames Design And Supply
- Prefabricated Metal Frames
- Prefabricated Steel Frames
- Prefabricated Housing And Panels
- FrameCAD Manufacturer And Supplier
- FrameCAD And BIM Design Services And Supply
- Metal Stud Framing Supplier